close
Parking garage

Batteries explode in Milwaukee hospital parking lot

A battery explosion Tuesday morning in a hospital parking lot injured two people. It happened just after 8:30 a.m. at Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center in the west parking structure. The Milwaukee Fire Department said a battery explosion injured two workers and caused an acid spill. Fire dispatched their Hazmat team to clean up this spill. We don’t know what their injuries are. Aurora Health Care released a statement saying, “This morning, a container of recycled batteries burned in a waste collection area outside Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center. Milwaukee HAZMAT crews have contained the scene. and there is no impact on our patients, visitors and team members.”

A battery explosion Tuesday morning in a hospital parking lot injured two people.

It happened just after 8:30 a.m. at Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center in the west parking structure.

The Milwaukee Fire Department said a battery explosion injured two workers and caused an acid spill.

Fire sent their Hazmat team to clean up this spill.

We don’t know what their injuries are.

Aurora Health Care released a statement saying, “This morning, a container of recycled batteries burned in a waste collection area outside Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center. Milwaukee HAZMAT crews have contained the scene. and there is no impact on our patients, visitors and team members.

Deena S. Hawkins

The author Deena S. Hawkins